Friday, November 7, 2008

My new obsession...

Had I been told just a week ago that I would become obsessed with poop, I would have laughed and said that was crazy. I would never be that mom. Lesson learned - never say never... I have turned into that mom. I mean not just keeping up with how many times she poops a day, but also the color, the consistency, the texture, the smell, how much, how little... my life is now literally poop.

Well today we went to the pediatrician for Addison's jaundice recheck. The dr. said she looks great and her jaundice is getting better. But, the real news of the day is the little chunkster has gained 11 ounces in 3 days. She is now 9lbs 2.5 ounces! So, I reassured myself - the nervous, poop-obsessed, first-time mommy- that she was indeed getting enough to eat, and her poops are just fine... So, just to prove to me that she's OK and normal, my sweet little angel of a child pooped for me when we got home... and not just any ol' run-of-the-mill poop, but a fill the diaper, shoot out the top, smear all the way up the back, need a bath immediately poop.

So I did what any nervous, poop-obsessed, first-time mommy would do... I smiled, said that I had asked for it, and went and gave the little booger a bath and a clean diaper. Here's the picture only a mother could love... my sweet little pooper! :)







1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hahaha...wait until you start her on food. That's a whole different level of poop inspection! I'm SO glad that things are going well, and that she's so clearly getting enough to eat!!! How is feeding going for *you*, Mama?