Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Addison Reese is Here!!!

Addison made it by her eviction date!!! She came into the world at 7:36 pm on Saturday, November 1st. She weighed in at 8lbs 14 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair, dark blue eyes, and the cutest little pouty lips I have ever seen. My scheduled induction was for Monday morning, but Friday afternoon I got knocked over at school by a student coming through a door, so they sent me on over to the hospital for observation overnight. Since we were already there, they went ahead and started the pitocin drip at 6:00 am on Saturday. "We" started pushing at 6:00 pm. Unfortunately after about an hour of pushing they determined she was "sunny-side-up" and not receptive to being turned, so they had to use a little vacuum suction to help her out... and out she came about 30 minutes later. So far, she is a very happy baby. She loves being cuddled close and hates having her diaper changed. She is eating well, and is SO strong already.

We are home and settled and taking in each minute of her. I already feel like the days are going by too fast. I want to hold on to each passing second. We are pretty much eating, sleeping, changing diapers, and repeating the pattern.

HERE are some pictures of little Addison that a mom of one of my players took at the hospital. I have a bazillion more on my camera, and some our families have taken and sent to us, but I haven't gotten around to uploading and saving them yet.

I will post more a little later.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats you guys!! She is beautiful!

MCT said...

Oh my goodness you all are a beautiful family!

Lauren said...

Congrats! She's precious! We had to use the vaccuum with Mac too. Glad you had a good experience - enjoy every second!