Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome to our lives! :)

Hi and welcome to our blog! I figured with so much going on with us getting ready for Addison's arrival, this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up-to-date on everything. So, come often for news of our lives, find out how the little one is doing, see pictures of our family and adventures, and generally keep up with what's going on with the Stewarts! Hopefully, I'll be able to post fairly regularly, although I'm told I won't have much time to sit around and "twiddle my thumbs" once Addison is here. :)

Right now we are 5 weeks away from our due date (10/26). I am getting bigger by the day, and have been measuring "big" just about the entire pregnancy. We're hoping she runs out of room in there and decides to join us a little early. We are right in the midst of preparing everything for her arrival. Her room has pretty much been ready since the end of July (I didn't want to have to worry about putting furniture together and decorating while trying to teach and coach), and we are filling it up with all the extra necessities now. It is very surreal to walk through our living room and see a baby swing in the corner and a car seat sitting there just waiting to be put in the car.

We had our hospital tour last night. A very nice nurse took us through the admissions process and showed us both a labor and delivery room and a postpartum "mommy and baby" room. Obviously we know that we are getting close, but actually being at the hospital and seeing everything that we will see on the BIG DAY just made it all seem very imminent. I still just cannot wrap my brain around the fact that I'm going to be a mommy soon, and that there will be this tiny little human-being depending on me to make sure she is safe and taken care of. Crazy!
OK, I'll wrap up this first post. I hope you'll check back in with us often. I'll close with a pic of Baby Addison at 34 weeks.... have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Cori said...

too cute! so glad you have decided to join the world of blogging! lots of our neighborhood friends have one and it's a great way to keep everyone up to date! can't wait til' picts of lil' Addison are added!

Marcie said...

Hi Krista! Congrats on the pregnancy - I didn't know you were expecting! Actually, Lynn probably told me at some point and I just forgot. Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations and I wish you a wonderful delivery!