Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy September 31st! :)

OK, so I know there is no such thing as September 31st, but yesterday Kevin and I celebrated it. Because, you see, if there WAS such thing as September 31st, yesterday would have been our year-and-a-half wedding anniversary. For those of you that have been married forever, I know celebrating a "half-anniversary" sounds silly, but I still consider us somewhat "newlyweds" and we enjoyed it.

To be completely honest, the special day had slipped my mind. But, I got a sweet text from my husband around 5:00 asking me to meet him where we had our first dance as a married couple. At that point, obviously I knew he was up to something. When I got to Vines Botanical Gardens (where we had our wedding reception), he had a picnic set up out at the gazebo overlooking the lake. The weather was perfect and it was such a special place to us, so we really had a great time... that is, until I started having Braxton Hicks contractions so bad I was doubled over, and then got stung by a bee... does anything ever happen perfectly like it does in the movies?! :)

In addition to the wonderful dinner he had for us (steak, potatoes, and asparagus), he even had dessert - a huge bag of Peanut M&Ms that I have been CRAVING for about a week!! Anyway, after we ate, he took me up to the area where our reception took place and had our first dance song (Norah Jones' Come Away With Me) playing on a CD player. We had our "first dance" all over again - just us. It was so sweet and romantic.

I swear I have the best husband in the world. Thank you Kevin for being everything I've ever wanted and all I'll ever need. Happy September 31st! :)

No comments: